We are working in collaboration with MindWise to bring you our Undress you Stress programme.
Starting with a casual drop in session (please let us know you’re coming so we can manage safety).
We will together create sessions that help us manage our stress and anxiety.
Our first session will be 22nd June at 2pm. Contact Allan at [email protected] or on 07519 379428.
Join us and Mount Stewart for a range of activities across the peninsula.
Contact Allan via email [email protected] or call/text 07519 379428.
Places are limited. If you are unable to attend please give us advanced notice to offer the place to any waiting list.
We are delighted to be offering another 7 week (8 session) chronic pain support programme.
The programme starts: Tuesday 8th June 10.30am-12.30pm.
Through the 8 sessions we will touch on a number of issues relating to chronic pain and how to manage. Our core sessions include:
- Pharmacy session – medication
- Physiotherapist/Pain Specialist – understanding pain
- Mental impact – how is your pain affecting you and those around you
- Nutrition – eating well and understanding what helps for pain
- Gentle exercise – Chi Me, chair based activity
- Peer led and designed sessions – some have included laughter yoga, trip to Eden pottery, whittling with the National trust and much more
If you are experiencing chronic pain and would like Better Days, then sign up today: [email protected]or call 028 427 39021.
We are slowly making our way out of the restrictions, some face to face work is beginning and we are moving forward.
So what’s on?
- Walking Group – Monday’s 10am (variety of meeting places) – Contact Carol [email protected] or call us on 028 427 39021 to sign up
- Dudes and Dogs – Monday afternoons – Contact Allan [email protected] or call us on 028 427 39021 to sign up
- Pain Management (via Zoom) 8 week programme – Contact Allan [email protected] or call us on 028 427 39021 to sign up
- Slow Cooker Training (via Zoom) 4 week programme, starts 27th April – Contact Allan [email protected] or call us on 028 427 39021 to sign up
- Green Gym – poly tunnel space for planting, tending and getting out in nature – Contact [email protected] or call us on 028 427 39021 to sign up
- C.V support – Contact Allan [email protected] or call us on 028 427 39021 to sign up
- Online Chi Me with Carol -Topic: Chi Me
Time: Apr 19, 2021 01:00 PM London
Every 7 days, until May 24, 2021, 6 occurrence(s)
Apr 19, 2021 01:00 PM, Apr 26, 2021 01:00 PM, May 3, 2021 01:00 PM, May 10, 2021 01:00 PM, May 17, 2021 01:00 PM May 24, 2021 01:00 PM
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 830 2274 1294
- Kettlebell/Free Weights with Carol -Topic: Kettlebell / Free weight class
Time: Apr 20, 2021 06:00 PM London
Every week on Tue, until Apr 27, 2021, 2 occurrence(s)
Apr 20, 2021 06:00 PM and Apr 27, 2021 06:00 PM
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 841 6117 9537
- Pilates with Carol -Topic: Pilates
Time: Apr 21, 2021 06:00 PM London
Every week on Wed, until May 5, 2021, 3 occurrence(s)
Apr 21, 2021 06:00 PM, Apr 28, 2021 06:00 PM, May 5, 2021 06:00 PM
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 885 1915 7990
- Peninsula – a range of activities from darts to gardening once restrictions have lifted further – Contact Allan [email protected] or call us on 028 427 39021 to register your interest
What’s on this January – March
As part of the Healthy Living Centre Alliance and funding from the Department for Communities we are excited to be part of the Warm, Well and Connected Project.
We will be offering you a range of programmes/workshops online during the next 3 months. But the benefit or our regional collaboration means you can access any programme across N.Ireland. To find out what is available please visit hlcalliance.org and look for the Warm, Well Connected banner.
Locally online we will be hosting the following programmes:
- uHub – Supporting Teens
- Urban Community Chef – Empowered Cooking
- Recharge CIC – Carers Retreat
- Chi Me
- Stay Connected Keep Learning
- Take 5 and applying it
- Dealing with Stress and Understanding Emotions
To sign up to any of the above course or to find out more check out hlcalliance.org. You will be able to book your places directly online.
Mindset Programme Wednesday 25th November
We will be hosting a Mental & Emotional Health and Wellbeing delivered by Action Mental Health.
The 3 hour session will be held at Kircubbin Community Centre and is free:
- Wednesday 25th November
Booking is essential for safety and can be done by contacting [email protected] or calling 028 427 39021.
Please bring your own refreshments.
Update 15th October 2020
Following Government guidelines announced yesterday we will be adhering to the restrictions outlined. Starting 15th October and running for 4 weeks.
What that means for the centre:
- Gym members can attend (must pre-book and can only attend as an individual)
- All classes in person are on hold
- All groups in person are on hold
- Online classes will remain and some new classes will become available
- The office will not be manned full time and so use email or Facebook to contact us
Staff and you safety is our priority and we hope that you understand the action we are having to take at this time.
Join us online for Anxiety Support
With Coronavirus and an enforced lockdown anxiety has never has so much prominence. It is important to recognise in ourselves the signs and symptoms and know what to do.
We are hosting a 6 week Anxiety Peer to Peer Support group. The sessions will be informal with some guided instruction. You may not be directly feeling the anxiety but know a loved one or friend who is. Either way this course is an opportunity to share with each other the experiences, the impact and how to help.
You will need access to Zoom and have good internet to be able to join. I this is something you are struggling with let us know. We will be hosting face to face sessions on how to use Zoom soon. Read more…
We are adjusting our ways of working and that includes how we deliver our Annual General Meeting. This year we will be taking to Zoom host the meeting. We would love for you to join us, we will keep you updated on how things are going.
Thursday 24th September
We’d like to hear from you, our community to see what you would like to see from us going forward and in such uncertain times.
If you are available to attend please contact Susan on 028 427 39021 or email [email protected]
Dietitian webinars for September.
The topics are
- Feed your family for less
- Healthy Happy kids: feeding under 5s
- Food and mood
Join us for these new, exciting nutrition webinars run by dietitians throughout Northern Ireland. Open to all! No need to sign up but be sure to put the dates in your diary – you don’t want to miss them!